Sunday, June 03, 2007

June 3

A very happy half-birthday to me!

My actual birthday is December 3. There's lots of problems with this.

It's a week before Brad's birthday. That's a lot of celebrating in a short time period.

It's less than a month before Christmas. I get all my presents for the year in December. What if I need something during the spring or summer?

For these reasons, I always joke that I'm going to celebrate my half-birthday instead of my real birthday. Brad won't let me, though, because he knows if I celebrate my half-birthday, I'll just want to celebrate my real birthday again in December.

But, my half-birthday will go uncelebrated again this year. Instead of a fancy dinner, fun cupcakes, and gifts I'm spending the day doing all the chores I should have done all week long.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Happy half Birthday!! I think this is a great idea.. I think I might have to start celebrating my 1/2 birthday as well =)

Amy Nabors said...

that's a great idea! happy half birthday! and thanks so much for your comment on my scrapjacked layout!

Colleen said...

happy half bday!

i think you should get a 1/2 cake to celebrate!

Rebecca said...

Happy Belated half birthday! Mine is the end of June and always hated it when I was a kid because everyone was always gone on vacation during that time. Christmas time is probably worse though! :)