Well, when I asked him about it, he said, "Don't even bother, Barb. I'm sure you can't possibly make it." I translated that as a challenge and made the cake. And, it was completely delicious.
He appreciated it and admitted it didn't taste that bad. Thanks, Dad (for the cake compliment and the outrageously entertaining series of photos).




One more completely unrelated thing. . .
Do you know about BookCrossing.com?
It's a site that facilitates the "release" of books. You buy an extra copy of your favorite book, register it at BookCrossing.com, and "release" it into the wild by leaving it someplace for another reader to find. When they find it, they can read it and register it online with their thoughts about it before "releasing" it again for another lucky reader to find.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday is the state reading convention. I'm planning to release a few books there.
12 comments:
love the reversing the candles! Too cute! I'll have to check out that site. My MIL is known for leaving books in airports and waiting rooms for others to enjoy.
The cake looks scrumptious! Love the idea of the book release, would be fun to hear from someone who read the book you left!
Yummy cake! I have several friends who are avid readers and I'll have to tell them about that. I haven't read much yet this year- I was planning on reading 50 books in a year (which would be easy for me- I speed read, honestly) but other things are keeping me busy! And, to answer your question (and I did on my blog)- I got embarrassed one day when I went into a&f with a few of their signs, and young kids were in there. I just think it's a little overboard, especially if you have children and are just walking past the store in the mall! LOL! ANyways, there it is! Have a great night!
yummm cake! happy birthday to your dad!
hee hee! those photos are fun!
Those photos are a crack up!! Always appreciate a good sense of humor!
love the pictures, glad the cake turned out!
Happy Birthday Barb's Dad! Love his sense of humor. :)
And great layouts in your previous post - so lovely. I think I'll be lifting Christine's lift too!
Okay so did you actually finish the Book Thief??? :)
i like the book covers
not sure i would read lol
Love those pics of your dad! and I am glad your cake turned out. The book release sounds very interesting, had not heard of it before - thanks for sharing!
your dad looks like so much fun and that cake looks delish. will have to check out book crossing
Post a Comment