Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I've been off getting professionally developed.
(It was all slightly delayed by the 16" of snow that fell. Seriously. Have you seen 16" of snow in one place before. INSANE!)
One of my favorite parts of the convention venue is the words. There is poetry everywhere. It's posted on the walls in small, individual silver letters, and it's all written by WI poets. It is absolutely beautiful.

The highlight was most certainly hearing Patricia Polacco speak. . . twice. Have you read The Keeping Quilt. Well, not only did I get to hear the story in person, but she actually brought the keeping quilt with her. I cried and cried and cried. It was beautiful.
There was plenty of talk about schema and brain-based learning and comprehension and No Child Left Behind, too.
No worries, though. It wasn't all work and no fun.
Thursday: Dinner at Buca's.
Drinks at the Safe House.
Friday: The first fish fry of Lent at Turner Hall. YUM!
Saturday: Drive home. Email checking. Mail reading. Relaxing.
3 comments:
I see a mojito!! Yum, yum, yum! :)
16 inches of snow is quite common in the U.P., but I think because it's common it's much easier to deal with.
Love the Keeping Quilt...actually pretty much love everything Polacco! I can't believe she brought the quilt- how neat!
Post a Comment