Things that really honk me off:
1. Ramen noodles in the Asian food aisle.
My grocery store recently reorganized and placed the Ramen noodles in the Asian food aisle. Seriously. My knowledge of Asian culinary achievements is limited. . . I will admit. However, I believe the Asian food aisle is reserved for true Asian culinary delights. I do not classify the Ramen noodle as such. I think it belongs sandwiched right between the mac and cheese (no offense, Em) and the Spaghettios.
2. Huckabee
(Disclaimer: I have actually not even the slightest idea what Huckabee stands for politically. I am making this statement based solely on the ridiculousness of his name.)
I most decidedly do not {heart} Huckabee. I think Huckabee is a completely ridiculous name and that if he actually wants us to consider him as a serious presidential candidate he probably should have changed his name years and years and years ago to something far more serious and respectable.
3. People who lack common sense.
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. That's all I'm going to say about that.
4. Winter Parking
Just because the lines in the parking lot are buried beneath layer upon layer upon layer of packed down snow and ice and salt and sand and gosh-only-knows what else does not give you the liberty to park your car approximately two inches from my driver's side door. I do realize that my car is difficult to see because of the layers and layers and layers of salt that are caked on to it and that this might seem a little like camouflage, but still. Do not park your car two inches from mine. My jacket and my pants and (gasp!) my purse are covered in a constant brushing of salt from scraping against the vehicle that inevitably parks too close to me. Make it stop!
And to top it all off. . . Law and Order is a re-run. It's a re-run of a re-run to be exact. Damn.
(Thank you to Stephanie who listened to this entire blog post via phone. Apparently, my ranting to her was not quite enough, and I needed to get it all out over again.)
6 comments:
I cannot tell you how much reading this made me giggle!
Irvine is sounding better and better isn't it? I'd bet they'd never think of putting ramen in the asian food aisle in Irvine!
Total agreement with the Ramien noodles and people parking to close - hate when my purse gets messy!
Well hate to burst your bubble. But I lived in Japan for 3 1/2 years. Ramen is huge there. Although it isn't the dried stuff. But it is big part of Japanese culture. Sorry.
But I totally agree with the parking spots.
okay totally had a chuckle over this entry
Hope your day was better yesterday! I am quite saddened to discover from Tonya that people in Japan actually eat Ramen. Gross. I, myself, have never ONCE eaten it. Even when I was starving in college. Gross!
Oh...I took no offense to the Mac and Cheese comment... ;)
Post a Comment