Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Did I mention. . . ?

There have been all kinds of moments lately where I've thought to my self, "Gee. I really should make sure I tell my blog friends about _________________."

So, my friends, I am proud to present you with a little compilation of all the things I've forgotten to mention.

Did I mention that we have a new love of all things local outdoor concerts? We went to not one but two concerts last week. There are brief moments like these that I really love living in Wisconsin - when the sun is setting and music is playing and everything is right with the world.



Did I mention that there was a serious disaster in my kitchen last week? I got lured in by Martha's recipe for blueberry cupcakes. They tasted like muffins - just like I knew they would. The blueberries sunk to the bottom. I attempted to top them with raspberry cream cheese frosting which turned out much more like overly-sugary raspberry soup. It was not my proudest cupcake moment.

NOTE: Do not be fooled by the photo. These cupcakes (or more properly called cup-ffins) were not nearly as tasty as they look.



Did I mention that I had a Madison meet-up with Em, Justin, and Miri? We wandered through an art fair and the Farmers Market. We ate. We ate. We ate. Yup. I said it three time because we ate enough to warrant saying it three times.





Then, of course, there are the "Did I mention _____________?" that can't be pictured.

Did I mention that Brad and I enjoyed martinis on an outdoor water-side patio last night? Did I mention that said martinis had such an impact on me that I needed to go home immediately instead of going to a movie as planned? Yup. My light-weightedness ruined date night.

NOTE: "Martinis" means two. And, two doesn't mean two for me. Two means one for me and one for Brad. I said lightweight. I meant it.

Did I mention that I watched all of Gilmore Girls Season 5 in about the last three days? Yup. Loralei reunited with Luke. Suki had another baby. Rory is with Logan. Rory got arrested. Rory quit Yale. Seriously. How did I not watch this the first time around?

Did I mention that I decided I do need to actually read the Sookie Stackhouse books? I plowed through part of the first one on the plane today. Funny story about that... The rather large man sitting next to me (who was chewing and spitting into a water bottle for the entire flight) started talking to me as soon as he saw me take a book out of my bag. His opening line? "Have you ever read any of that Nora Roberts stuff?" I almost spit my airplane peanuts at him.

Did I mention that I'm on the road? I'm in Boston (Wellesley, actually, on the Babson College Campus) doing some National Writing Project work. After that I'm in Vermont with the fabulous Katrina.

5 comments:

justem said...

Um. Yeah. Not the best frosting ever... ;)

We had a great time!!! Have fun with Katrina. And like call me. Or webchat w/me or something to make me feel like I'm with you!!!!

Steph said...

Did I mention that it's Wednesday? And you're not here for FSW? And this makes me very vERY sad?

Kat said...

love the list :) and the pictures!
i want to read the sookie series- let us know what you think of them!

Lyn said...

how are you enjoying the sookie books?
wow, the writing project sounds like a great experience! hope you enjoy!

Beth said...

Oh, we really need to meet in person sometime, Barb. I get giddy when I get NWP emails in my inbox. Wouldn't it be grand to meet up and get all geeked up talking about books, writing, and reading, and cooking and scrapbooking? :)