Sunday, July 19, 2009

I went to Boston and all I got. . .

. . . were these pictures of food.

Technically, I'm in Wellesley at Babson Executive Conference Center for a National Writing Project event. But, I did make little trips in to Boston on Friday and Saturday nights.

(It's really exciting work! There are nine sites from all over the country here to talk about including all types of middle and high school teachers in Writing Project work.)

Friday night we walked through Chinatown and enjoyed some Vietnamese food (and beer).





Saturday night we walked from MIT to Harvard and enjoyed some beer, some dinner and more beer, and cupcakes.




Tonight we finished it all off with a clam bake. I plowed my way through two lobsters - both of which I "peeled" myself! Aren't you proud?


And, some other time I'll tell you the story of the how I missed the very last train out of Boston on Saturday night and had to take a cab. Lots of laughs.


That story will have to wait, though, because I'm headed to VT to visit the fabulous Katrina (and Hope and Austin and Rob). I'm sure I will have many great stories to tell.

And, don't worry. The only thing I did in Boston besides eat was walk. So, the food and the beer and the cupcakes were all walked off.

No comments: