Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Scrapbooking Nerd.

This time of year is always a good time for me and the paper. In the past it's been an entry for Memory Makers Masters that has gotten me going. This year, I'm having a great time with Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook class.

Weekend Get Away
Studio Calico July 2010 Kit (Continental) and Add-ons
Inspired by Kelly Purkey Sketch # 2
Cardstock: Bazzill Paper Basics and Core'dinations
Embellishments: My Minds Eye (gems), Pink Paislee (trim), Tim Holtz (receipt clips)
Letters: Basic Grey, Girls Paperie
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Studio Calico, Girls Paperie
Other: Fiskars (punch), Staz On (ink), EK Success (punch), Studio Calico (stamp), Maya Road (mist), American Crafts (pen), Sand paper (unknown), Computer font


I Confess
Studio Calico April 2010 Kit (Joyland) and Add-ons
Inspired by Kelly Purkey Sketch # 3
Cardstock: Bazzill Paper Basics and Core'dinations
Embellishments: K & Co. (photo stickers), Studio Calico (rub-ons), My Minds Eye (gems)
Letters: Cosmo Cricket
Patterned Paper: 7 Gypsies, My Minds Eye, Sassafras
Other: Tim Holtz (ink), Staz On (ink), Studio Calico (stamp), American Crafts (pen), Fiskars (punch), Sandpaper (unknown), Computer font

Did you notice the embossed cardstock obsession?

7 comments:

justem said...

Are you sure you don't mean "week-end" getaway?? ;)

Steph said...

oh my god I just choked on my limeade at Em's note.

Week-end indeed! :)

Barb said...

You two make me laugh.

Lexi said...

I did notice the obsession and now will need to start my own ;)

sarah said...

love the layouts barb!

Susanne said...

Great takes on the sketches - and I'll have to look into the embossed cardstock to see if I can become obsessed too - since you've gotten such great results.

Beth said...

Fun stuff. I have to remember to include stuff from my blog in my LOs.