Wednesday, April 26, 2006

No. 24

It's been awhile since I've done it up Effer style. But, with Ali E. as inspiration this week, I couldn't resist. This week's dare was to observe life around you. I focused on my job: my attitude towards it and the attitudes of people around me.



For those loyal Babble readers and close friends, you know I've totally been in a work-related funk lately. It's started to get really ugly--my attitude and outlook toward work is carrying over into my "normal" life. I'll spare you any rambling about it tonight. But, this dare was a really helpful chance for me to really think about what makes me happy.

I loved Angie's post about happiness tonight. Happiness is a condition we create. It's not about having things or about achievements. It is about living life. I can't believe how many people waste such a huge portion of their life being unhappy. I don't want to be one of those people. I won't be one of those people.

Speaking of happy, Em (drinker of four beers on a school night) entertained me with some fabulously funny emails. Thanks for the laughs, Em!

9 comments:

justem said...

This is awesome!!!! I love the cool and crazy mix of flowers!!

And...I'm so glad I could entertain you all! I should probably be embarrassed, but truth be told...I really don't care. :)

Scott said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, I appreciate it. Nice stuff on yours as well.

Scott

Anonymous said...

love everything going on on that page!! wonderful flowers and swirls....so cool!!

Kat said...

awesome lo!!!!!I love love love it! so fun
yep, i need to do some happy stuff right now. i'm all bummed out. maybe i should drink some wine and write drunk emails. hmmmmmmmmm

Michelle W. said...

whoa! That totally rocks Barb! LOL. I feel strangely close to that page!

Michelle

Jill H said...

hi barb!! i love the layout, so real & i agree w/so much of what this post says.

Wendy said...

Very cool page, Ali E. rawks.
I agree on the not being unhappy thing. I often have to remind myself I spend enough time being stressed AT work, I don't need to dwell on it at home, too!

Valerie said...

Awesome page!! Those dares are just awesome!! Love the Starbucks in the page!! Could use me some Starbucks right now!! It's awesome to drink while scrapping...love it!!

Felicia said...

That LO is so awesome! I love it!!!