Monday, August 27, 2007

Good Things

You know those commercials for Seasonal Affective disorder?
I think there might be a similar disorder that impacts teachers as they transition from summer back to work. I have a serious case of the I-have-to-go-back-to-work blues.

So, here are a few good things going on. . .

Made these cupcakes yesterday--red velvet with peppermint creamcheese icing. The chilled in the fridge overnight and are even more delicious now! I'm thinking about not eating dinner tonight so I can indulge in a few more cupcakes.


Did this for this week's Scrapjack.


And this is for last week's Scraplove challenge. Not exactly my greatest work. But, it's fall colors. I can't wait for fall things --sweaters, soup, pretty leaves.

Downloaded a few of the recommended tunes.

Tomorrow is a total girls' day--cut and color followed by an afternoon with the fantastic Miss Angela.

17 comments:

joanne (spagirl) said...

Barb ... i love your layouts! i really like the staples on the "his place" page! and the way you layered everything! and i like the circles on your other layout too! and ... those cupcakes look delicious!!!

BRANDY said...

ooo you reminded me that i need to seriously think about coloring up the gray i got going on.

Elisabeth said...

Those cupcakes look fabulous!! I've never had red velvet cake and now I'm seriously wanting to try some!

Erin said...

YUM! On the cupcakes and the LO's!

Colleen said...

yummy

Josie said...

Yumm-o cupcakes and beautifully displayed on your fiestaware.

Valerie said...

The cupcakes look yummy!! I might need the recipe!! Love the pages!!

Ady said...

those cupcakes look delicious. your layouts are beautiful...

Retro Girl said...

OMG those cupcakes look totally sinful and divine! :-)

Great layouts...like the artsy/collage look of that first one!!

Christine said...

Your blog always makes me hungry - those cupcakes look so good! Loved your scrapjack too!

Christine said...

Your blog always makes me hungry - those cupcakes look so good! Loved your scrapjack too!

Steph said...

so if I give you directions to chez homburg will you be bringing me a cupcake? :)

Chiara said...

now I want a cupcake LOLxq

Tina said...

love red velvet, my fav.

never tried peppermint icing though ;)

Tonya said...

Your LOs rock and those cupcakes.....yummy.e

Traci Keriazakos said...

Um Babs, I think I am officially putting you down to bring those cupcakes to our SIS crop! YUMMO!
Tracinicole

Pearl Maple said...

You have so many delightfully creative things going on in your blog space with photos and scrapbooking.
Thank you for sharing.