Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'll Tell You What I Want . . .

. . . What I Really, Really Want.

A turtle pecan cluster Blizzard from Dairy Queen.
Vanilla ice cream swirled with caramel, chocolate, and pecans.
YUM!

But, I can't have one for many, many reasons.
  1. I have no cash and refuse to use my credit card at Dairy Queen. (Although I have done it before.)
  2. My butt is bigger than the Beatles. (Remember that ridiculous parody song?)
  3. I can't bribe Brad into going to pick it up for me. I tried.
  4. The Escape is pretty much on empty.
  5. I've already eaten ice cream once this week (on the way home from the gym) and today is only Tuesday. So, if I went tonight it would mean I've eaten ice cream every night this week.
  6. I didn't go to the gym at all today; I pretty much didn't get off the couch.
  7. We have perfectly fine ice cream right in the freezer at our very own home.
  8. Tomorrow night when Brad and I go to dinner with Em and Justin (I'm so excited about this!), I'd like to be able to have dessert. I shouldn't have a Blizzard tonight and dessert tomorrow.
ETA: Sigh. Hang head in shame.
I caved and went to Dairy Queen. But, we did pay cash. And, we walked all the way there and back!

13 comments:

Katrina said...

yeah, so...

I would have gotten the blizzard.

even though my why not list would have read a lot like yours.

except for the dinner with Em part...which I am totally jealous over.

Chiara said...

We don't have a Dairy Queen and now I want a blizzard. But I think it is okay that you had one especially since you walkd to get one.

Anonymous said...

i was so totally craving ice cream last night too... but i was too lazy to go myself, and my husband would't go... i would have no self control if it wasn't for him..

Josie said...

YUM!! I don't care what ice cream you have in you freezer, nothing beats a DQ blizzard. And I am happy to know I am not the only one who creates lists like that debating an ice cream run!
Have fun with Em at dinner!

Rori Smith-Koch said...

ROFLOL....I am such a weakling for DQ too!!! I love double oreo blizzards :) Have a great day!

Liz Allman said...

Yeah well you did better than me. Totally, ate half a container of Ben and Jerry's in the middle of the day yesterday. I can only console myself with the fact that it was low fat.

justem said...

I think we need to go to the Dairy Queen tonight, too!!! :)

Tonya said...

Well now I want one. But can't. Going to dinner with dh tonight for his Birthday and will be eating cake. So that will be plenty of sugar for the week!

caroline said...

you know...that sounds quite yummy. lol :)

Jill H said...

oh my goodness, this cracks me up :) i would have caved too. good thing there isn't a DQ around me for miles and miles.

Ady said...

reading your blog made me want one too until all the why not's.. The guilt would have killed me but you should always feed a crave... Hope you have a good one. I love those layouts you did for CD challenge. I love to use my old stuff. It feels like such an accomplishment...

Colleen said...

OMG
i wanted a blizzard after reading this, but our DQ closed. sigh

Steph said...

I just got home from the gym-- haven't had dinner yet-- and now you make me want to skip the meal in favor of a blizzard!!!