Sunday, February 10, 2008

Middle Name

I was tagged by Lyn eons ago. It's about time I take care of it.

Here are the rules:

  1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
  2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name).
  3. After you are tagged, you need to update your blog with your middle name and your answers.
  4. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and that they need to read your blog for details.)

The thing that is a real bummer about all this is that my middle name is really, really long. Anyway, hope you manage to learn some new and interesting things about me.

My Middle Name: ELIZABETH

E is for elephant.
My grandma took me to the circus when I was a little girl. There were elephant rides. One of the elephants was named Barbara, so she absolutely insisted I ride it. I wish there was a picture to capture it.

L is for lists.
I'm a list maker. I cannot survive the day without a list of things to do. Confession: I usually have a list of back-up to-do items in case I finish early.

I is for ice cream.
Shall I list some of my favorite flavors? Rocky Road, Chocolate, Cherry Garcia, Turtle, Mint Chip, Peanut Butter (from Baskin Robbins). Really. I could go on forever.

Z is for zucchini.
I love zucchini. . . especially grilled zucchini.

A is for approximately.
I am approximately 5' 2". Did you picture me taller than that?

B is for Beverly Hills.
As in Beverly Hills 90210. I tape it. Still. What might be even more lame is that I still say "tape." I just can't bring myself to say, "I DVR it." Which is right? DVR or tape?

E is for epicurious.
Cooking is one of my favorite things to do. Perhaps it is because I'm especially fond of buying things for my kitchen.

T is for travel.
I have a serious craving to take a trip somewhere. . . I prefer somewhere interesting to somewhere hot. I'd choose Europe over a beach any day.

H is for home.
There are a few things I wish about my home. I wish it was bigger; it's too small to entertain. I wish we had some things hanging on the walls. I just can't ever find the right stuff. I wish I had a grown-up bedroom--actual headboard, coordinating bedding, real dresser.

Okay. I am tagging:
  1. Em
  2. Josie
  3. Greta
  4. Casey
  5. Robyn
  6. Beth
  7. Brandy
  8. Stephanie
  9. Levi

4 comments:

Steph said...

I am so thankful I have a short middle name right now :)

diana albright said...

i love your answers! especially about the elephant ride. and yes, i did picture you as taller than 5'2"

have a great week!

Lyn said...

WOW! You rock for answering my tag... your middle name is wonderful and you really hung in there! Thanks! Loved reading more about you!

Greta said...

great list! I'll get to it eventually, I promise! I just can't promise when. ;)