Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lesson # 25 (and a Meal Plan)

Lesson from Day 25:
It feels good to be prepared.


Why, why, why, in the name of all that is good and pure, was I awake at 7am this morning?!!?? Today was a morning where I actually could have lounged around and slept for awhile. Damn you work and responsibility. You have turned me into someone who wakes up early.

Anyway. . .
Stephanie and I are undertaking a major Julia Child-esque cooking experiment this afternoon (more on that tomorrow). So, I need to clean, grocery shop, vacuum (there is enough dog hair on my floor to actually make a coat for a dog in need) and find the source of the horrid odor emanating from my refrigerator. I embraced the need to grocery shop for today's feast as an opportunity to make a list and actually shop for the week - before I take-on the aforementioned dirty jobs.

Thus, today's lesson. It feels good to be prepared.



Sunday:
Both gone. No plan needed.

Monday:
Penna a la Betsy
with bread and salad

Tuesday:
Dinner in Paradise Menu from Cooking Light
Roasted Breast of Chicken with Pinot Noir Sauce
Rosemary Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Buttered Green Beans and Mushrooms


Wednesday:
Greek Pizza (modeled after one eaten at Roman Candle)
Salad

Thursday:
Chicken, Avocado, and Bacon Sandwich
Chicken Chili

Friday:
Frozen Pizza or left-overs (Brad is on his own)

Saturday:
Farm Aid

1 comment:

justem said...

Now you are making whole menus. I cannot tell Justin about this... ;)