Something New: Day 10
Sometimes, I need someone else to be prepared for me.
I had a meeting in Stevens Point. I rushed a little to get out of Oshkosh and realized while driving that I wasn't sure where the meeting was. I tried calling a couple people who were going to the same meeting. No answers. I tried using my phone. No luck. I called Stephanie - who was in FL. She figured it out for me. Without her insane ability to Google my destination, I may have still been driving around from hotel to hotel asking, "Um, is the Reading Association meeting here?" And, I'm damn glad she did figure it out because the hotel bed and pillows were beyond comfortable.
Something New: Day 11
Winning isn't everything.
Angie hosted a BINGO party for her birthday. I didn't win any of the six games - not the Martini or the Postage Stamp or the Fly Swatter or the Birthday Cake or the Coffee Mug or the Blackout. I did have a great time, though. The food was fabulous, the drinks plentiful, and the conversation pretty hilarious. I'm lucky to have such a fabulous best friend.
Something New: Day 12
Home is where I like to be.
It was a perfect Sunday. I slept late, made soup (Pioneer Woman's Cauliflower) and sandwiches (BLTs) for lunch, read for awhile (Little Bee), slept for awhile, grocery shopped (including fresh flowers), made a nice dinner (spinach stuffed shells), and settled in for Sunday night television (True Blood, Hung, Entourage, and Mad Men).

7 comments:
Oooh, you're a Fiesta girl! Always enjoy meeting another Fiesta enthusiast! Do you collect any of the vintage pieces, too, or just the new stuff? I have both, but definitely more new than vintage. I grew up with it, so it just makes me feel all homey and cozy when I open my cupboards. :)
Ok, so that was random...
g
For the record, I was totally kidding about being your lesson of the day..though that bed does look insanely comfy!
I may be willing to share the McD's one with you and splurge on dollar cokes and cherry pies. let me know if you are interested.
:)
by the way, the word verification was SANIT (very close to Saint which is what you are for putting up with all my craziness)
I like to pick up fresh flowers when at the grocery too. It brightens up that day and days following.
mmmm. blt's. now i'm craving bacon. and wishing i knew where to play bingo close by. that sounds like a crazy fun time.
enjoy little bee! i read it last month, i liked it.
I may just need to have my own Bingo party! Sounds like fun!
Did you post more Bingo photos on FB??? I want to seeeeeeeee. ;)
Post a Comment