I played the first time in 2007. I used it then as a way to look back at my day and consider something new I learned. I tried to pair that lesson with a picture. I'll use it the same way this year.
So, here are a few possibilities for today's lesson:
"You will do better in real estate than stocks."
That's what my fortune said at lunch. It was certainly news to me.
Be enthusiastic.
I thought about Natalie a lot today. She was so excited to start kindergarten. I could have used a little of that enthusiasm as I started the first day of the 2010 - 2011 school year.
Some things shouldn't be said in a text message.
Received this text today, "Major issues at home. I am not a plumber." A detailed voicemail would have been far better than a text message in this case. 100ish characters just are not enough to provide the necessary information. Is there sewage involved? Is water spewing everywhere? Are you hurt? Do I need to shower at a hotel tomorrow? What is damaged? This type of text just makes a girl's imagination go wild - and not in a good way.
Life is going to happen even if I haven't found time to plan for it.
The next three weeks contain 11 work days. I will only be in my actual offices for three of those 11 days. The remaining 8 days are reserved for planning and facilitating professional development. I have no idea how in the world everything is going to get done. No idea.
The pumpkin spice latte is back. I caught myself wondering about it today, called Starbucks to check, and picked one up after dinner. This treat (drank while reading The Help wearing my new purple and blue plaid pajama pants with pockets) almost made up for the pedicure that I canceled upon hearing about the previously mentioned plumbing disaster.
2 comments:
I wish I had Natalie's enthusiasm, too...and over all energy! ;)
The plumbing text message made me giggle.
I may steal this idea of "learn something new everyday" for my blog and perhaps, my classroom.
Post a Comment