Monday, September 27, 2010

Lesson # 27: I haven't. . .

Lesson from Day 27:
There is too much to do.


It's difficult for me to get in a back-to-school routine. I'm starting the fourth full week and still really working on finding a way to get everything done. Tonight, I have a huge list of "haven't"s.

I haven't scrapbooked for weeks.
See photo above. That is the table that I'm supposed to use to make things. It's covered with bills and left-over work stuff.

I haven't stayed caught up with my photography class.
I'm feeling really guilty about this. I won a spot in Maggie Holmes's fabulous photography class. I print the lessons every week and read them. I just haven't taken any pictures or posted anything. I'm embarrassed about this one. I really want to learn and feel terrible for not using such a generous gift.

I haven't been making good choices about food or exercise.
I never make good choices about exercise, but I am capable of making good choices about food. Tonight, I had pasta, wine, and a Blizzard for dinner. Then, I wonder why I can't fit into any of my pants.


I haven't mailed Em's birthday gift yet.
I'm a slacker friend.

I haven't been reading as much as I should.
I haven't gotten any professional reading done since August. I haven't been reading much for fun, either. I did listen to the first half of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks over the weekend, though. It's super interesting.

I have been very irresponsible with money.
I blame the stress and the eating. Spending makes me feel better. Eating makes me feel better. Eating means I need clothes that fit which means I need to shop which means I need to spend. It's a vicious cycle.

I'm way behind on my Netflix.
I have had the same three disks at my house since mid-August: two disks of Psych and Avatar. I have no desire to watch any of them.

Make me feel better. What are some of your, "I haven't. . . "s?

3 comments:

sarah said...

i have been making horrible choices about food and exercise. like tonight: skipping the gym and then eating microwave mac + cheese from trader joes.

bad for me...
but so tasty :)

Beth said...

I haven't scrapbooked or taken pictures in weeks...many weeks.
I haven't unpacked many boxes at my house.
I haven't gotten in to the routine of school either - hard to adjust to this new building.
I haven't gotten a pedicure in weeks and it's getting ugly.
I haven't been to the gym since June.

justem said...

Um...don't even get me started on the haven'ts. I have WAY too many to list. And just bring me my gift in person. I'm impressed I even have a gift. About eighty of my haven'ts are "I haven't send this card" or "I haven't bought this person a gift!!" ;)