Monday, June 05, 2006

The Fashionable Cupcake


I've been thinking a lot about cupcakes lately.

It seems they are experiencing a sudden surge of popularity.

Take for example, the following links.
A Blog About Cupcakes
Sprinkles (gourmet cupcake store)
Totally Fun Cupcake Pan

Also, my co-worker's daughter recently had her third birthday. It was a cupcake celebration! I just made cupcakes (in Barbie wrappers with pink frosting) to take as a treat to my last grad class. Cupcakes are everywhere!

I just thought in honor of all the bad things going on (Canadian terrorists, deaths in Iraq, consitutional definitions of marriage, crappy days at work, etc.) we could all find a little joy in cupcakes.

To the cupcake. The next great thing.

16 comments:

Felicia said...

Funny you should mention cupcakes. Odette and I had a fabulous cupcake on Saturday. =) We had to share it cause it was so big.

Anonymous said...

I love cupcakes--and I can't wait to have my own kids so I can bake cupcakes in ice cream cones! Somehow, I think that treat might be kinda lost on my husband...

So glad to find you--I'll check back again!

xoxo,
Becca

Crystal @ A Well-Feathered Nest said...

I LOVE cupcakes. They are just the right amount of cake with no cutting involved. There is even an upscale deli in Chapel Hill that touts their carolina blue iced cupcakes as there signature dessert! Now that's fun!

justem said...

:) You are so cute!!! I can't wait for us to go to Sprinkles when you visit!!

angieoh! said...

Those do look fabulous. Maybe we should have a cupcake day and make several varieties.

Anonymous said...

How friggin' cute is that cupcake pan? I soooo need one of those!!

tina said...

mmm cupcakes... you made me drool a little bit!!

Christi said...

oooooh, I would definitely take one of those...they look yummy!

Wendy said...

I made cupcakes for my speech students last day. I've never made so many freaking cupcakes. I will never make them again. So weird that you posted this. I've made so many cupcakes I dream about them.

Kat said...

dude, those look awesome. i myself defiently enjoy a good cupcake. mmmmmm. lets think up a reason for me to make cupcakes....

Scott said...

Mmmmmmmmmm cupcakes!!!

Scott

Anonymous said...

oy you just reminded me that the blonde child asked for cupcakes. Guess I will be baking soon

Anonymous said...

mmmmm that cupcake looks good!
and i too have notices a rise in the cupcake popularity! there is a new little bakery store in downtown seattle that only sells cupcakes!

Odette said...

My newphew calls cupcakes "cuppy cakes". I can't wait till there is a store in Phoenix. They are just so darn cute and oh yeah...delicious.

Jill H said...

this is evil, it's late & now i have a cupcake craving...
maybe tomorrow i will make some!!

Anonymous said...

ummmm
i'm trying to diet, darnit!
and then you go off and link a cupcake site with nothing but pics of yumminess?
we can no longer be friends
and if i'm fat for the rest of my life... it's all your fault!

bwahahaha