I hate doing chores. Really hate it. Will let my house go un-vacuumed for days, never dust, want-to-hire-a-maid hate it.
But, last night my relationship with chores might have changed!
Brad and I bargained for jobs. That's right. Here's how it went:
Me: I'll vacuum if you do the dishes.
Brad: Only if you vacuum the couch [covered with dog hair].
Me: I'll unload the dishwasher if you vacuum the couch.
ETC . . . .
The final score:
Brad--dishes and couch vacuuming
Barb--vacuuming and dishwasher unloading
But, the joke was on Brad because I still haven't unloaded the dishwasher!
It makes me feel in control of chores. It makes me feel like I have a choice about the chores. It somehow makes me feel like I'm being sneaky and tricking Brad in to doing extra things.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. [evil laugh]
8 comments:
Justin and I always decide to have "cleaning days" where he really works hard to help me out cleaning. But usually I just get lazy and end up watching tv while he cleans, which I guess I think is fair since I do the majority of it anyway!!!
I think that the real solution is to get someone to come in to do the "hard" cleaning.
Scott
it always makes ones feel better when they know someone else has chores to do as well. now living alone on the other hand, all the chores are mine, and it sucks. the thing i hate the most has to be dishes though cuz i only have one sink and have to let them air-dry on my table. too much of a pain to want to deal with.
watch out how long you wait to unload the dishwasher - if brad catched on to your game, he'll put a contingency saying he'll only do his chores when you've done yours.
good idea. guess what i did today? took a little over an hour and POWER CLEANED before appraisers showed up. told the fiance that we need to do that every week or so from now on. feels so much better.
Best thing we ever did was hire a cleaning lady. I would rather scrimp and not eat out all the time then clean HATE IT.
Even G says the cleaning lady is the greatest.
I love the evil laugh!!!
That's funny! I do that with my hubby too!! Gotta love to bargin :)
i hate cleaning too. hate hate hate it. never thought to trick steve into doing some. i just spend money and have someone else do it........
Post a Comment