You remember that Friends episode where Monica thinks she catches Chandler watching shark porn and instantly becomes worried her man has a strange obsession with sharks? I'm afraid Brad has a strange obsession with bears.
Well. . . last night was designated movie night at our house. We re-arranged the living room to ensure an optimal view of the television from the couch. We got movie snacks (Coke, popcorn, M&Ms, Mike & Ikes, pizza). We rented a bunch of movies.
Brad insisted on renting a documentary about Timothy Treadwell, a wacky environmentalist who lived with grizzly bears each summer in Alaska. This crazy man spent hours taping himself frolicking with various wildlife and pretending to be a bear. W-A-C-K-O! No big surprise, he and his girlfriend were eaten by some bears a few summers ago because that's what grizzly bears do: eat things.
Timothy, or Timmy (as he liked to refer to himself in third person), was one crazy man. The low point of the movie was when he played with bear poop and explained how amazed he was that it had just been inside the bear. It was rumored that he spent so much time with bears he forgot how to interact with people; he would making growling noises and act like a bear when confronted by someone who made him uncomfortable.
Now, if watching a movie like that to satisfy Brad's strange craving to know more about bears (instead of watching In her Shoes) isn't true love, I don't know what is!
P.S. We also watched Crash. Fabbity! I love movies/books with many intersecting story lines.
6 comments:
This is hilarious!!! I don't think I'll be adding this one to my list...but Justin did tivo something called "grizzly man" on Discovery last week...so now I'm a bit nervous! Crash is WAY up there on my list of movies to see, glad to hear it got a good review from you!
It is wonderful to know that Brad holds that true love for you! Just think he didn't have to invite you to watch now did he? Remember those earrings??? You owe big time. See why I never encouraged your dad to make those kinds of purchases? Only kidding. You know that you enjoyed watching that with him just so you could complain about it later.
I don't believe you guys blew us off last night to watch a BEAR DOCUMENTARY. j/k. The funniest part is your mom's comment - you not only are a scrapwhore now but also a diamonds ..... well some things are better left unsaid, even from your bestest pal!
omg yeah! that dude is a total freakin psycho! i meant to do a post on him cause i recently saw that documentary on discovery channel or someplace. serious nut job......
and yay for crash getting an oscar!
I am commenting again..because out of sheer curiousity today I clicked on the wikipedia link you have...and it totally craked me up that the photo caption says "timothy t(whatever) and bear." hehe. This just keeps getting funnier to me!
Hey.. just me... waiting for all my birthday calls today! :)
Post a Comment