We went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Good Company, tonight.
I had a chocolate martini while we waited for a table. As I got to the bottom of my drink, I noticed two suspicious objects floating in it. Brad assured me they were chunks of chocolate and had been in my drink the entire time. Closer investigation revealed these alleged chunks of chocolate had wings. There were BUGS in my drink. Granted, they were only small, gnat-like bugs. But, as far as my eating habits are concerned, a bug is a bug.
I told the waitress right away, and she took it away. She came back and offered me another drink or free dessert. I have no intention of drinking anything from this place that doesn't come from a bottle that I open myself ever again, so I turned down the drink. We had way too much food, so I turned down the dessert and suggested they simply take the drink off our bill.
To make a long story short, they weren't interested in doing that. Since, obviously, I needed to be reminded that I consumed many ounces of liquid cominled with bug guts, the bar manager even had the nerve to point out to Brad that I drank more than half the drink. The manager even claimed that we should understand because bugs are attracted to sweet things such as the ingredients of my martini. Brad threatened to tell everyone in the bar about the bug, and the bar manager agreed to refund the money. But, he wouldn't give it to Brad. He brought it directly to me with a far less than sincere apology for the incident.
The whole thing is very irritating to me. It made me uncomfortable. It made Brad uncomfortable. It made the waitress incredibly uncomfortable because she seemed to understand her boss was being an ass.
Too bad. We really liked this place. The garlic cream cheese mashed potatoes are yumm-o.
In other news. . . happy b-day to Momma Sue. She had a big birthday @ the casino planned. Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate, Mom. Watch the USPS for your card!
6 comments:
UGh. That is very disappointing as I too, love that place. I think you should write them a letter, absolutey ugh. WE missed you last night!
EW gross!!!! I can't believe they didn't just take it off the bill...that should be automatic...they should give you your whole meal for free, that is so disgusting!!! Thanks for sharing, though I'll probably never have a chocolate martini again!
babs, no it wasn't me who sent ali that colander. same as the one I made though... so I thought that was kinda neat. The gals from
http://getcroppin.com/shop_coolfinds.cfm
sent that one to her.
All I did was go to their website, buy my own colander, and do my own rub ons.. same effect!
I can't believe that they didn't want to take the drink off of the bill!!! We should stage a protest, like the anti-abortion people. We could make signs with big giant martini glasses filled with bugs! But, Ang is right, you should write a letter, and send a copy to the newspaper if they don't respond! Bastards! What restaurant was it? Good luck with your presentation this week, sorry we couldn't all come!
Ugh! I can't believe the nerve! I would have probably just lost it there (all the food in stomach that is).
I can't believe those people!!! I've had a similar thing a few weeks ago. When they brough out the pasta and it was cold. I pick on it and send it back. After that they bill me for both entrees. I ask about it and the manager said since I ate half of the pasta the most they will do is give me half of the money back. Ahhhh... I don't think so. I told her off right there. I pick it apart to show them it was still cold on the inside! Sucks that used to be our favorite place too.
Michelle
oh gag! thats soooo gross! what an ass for not just taking the drink off the tab- whats that about? bummer about it being your fav resturant, too.....
Post a Comment