And I hacked up all of what I bought to create Day 4. It looks like a Cherry Arte massacre in my craft room. Paper scraps everywhere. The worst part--after all that hacking, I only ended up using less than one sheet to create this beast. One sheet. It pains me to think of how many others I wasted. There are starving scrappers all over the world, and I'm wasting!
With supplies like that to work with the potential is huge, right?!?! Yeah. The potential is huge. But, the finished product didn't live up to its potential.
My goal for all of this challenge is to find my style. I think I get confused about what my style is because I get so smitten with certain products. I got so worked up about getting these papers right that I actually went through two drafts of this LO. The first is too embarrassing to share.Less hype. Less stuff. More me. That's my goal for tomorrow. Bring it on, Rhonna!
In other news . . . I was completely right about the fate of my new hair cut. It didn't look nearly as fabulous today. I had multiple people say to me, "Oh." Pause. "You got your hair cut." Imagine an awkward silence after that. The kind of silence where I can only assume the speaker is thinking awful thoughts about what was a cute and sassy haircut yesterday, when it was in the hands of a professional. One kid--a boy--even told me, "Wow! It's the same length as my hair."
To balance out all the damage to my self-esteem today, I did drag my ass to the gym at 8pm for a little stroll on the treadmill. But, I also bought a bag of those Cadbury Mini Eggs. That's a step up from yesterday, when I ordered Chinese food (not just steamed veggies and rice, either) from my cell phone on the way out of the gym.
Now, I'm just rambling an embarrassing amount. This is what happens when I stay up past 10pm on a weeknight.
Ahhh. I just keep sounding so much less nerdy as this post goes on. And on. And on.
4 comments:
Hey. Snap out of it. I am sure your hair is fine. Brush it alot and it will get shiny. :)
Love the CA papers! Very playful page :)
love the rambling. Love the paper. The journaling is looking more and more fabulous (it's all about personal growth right?!)
The hair is cute! Those people who think woman should all have long hair or look the same... Tell them to go away. You look great. You are not used to it so it probably be a week or so. But I do understand what you talk about when you mention the awkard silence... lol. I get that quite often.
Michelle
I think your hair looked great! And...I totally know what you mean about finding your style. I totally don't have one. I actually think you do...fun...colorful...and now I'm starting to think...circles!! :) You are a fab scrapper!
Post a Comment