Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Brad's Demand and Birthday Wishes


This week's new meal:
Supersize turkey meatballs with spinach and cheese (ala Rachael's magazine) You can just imagine all the inappropriate jokes we made about a meal with the phrase supersize balls in the title.

Today was Brad's day off. Being the awesome person he is, he made dinner. As he was cooking he actually demanded, "You better write on the ------- [Insert inappropriate word of your choice. We swear a lot.] blog that I cooked the new meal this week. Me. Not you. I did the cooking." He even took the picture himself. I am publicly giving credit where credit is due. It was a yummy meal honey. Almost makes up for the horrible bear movie he made me watch!

Since I'm talking about New Year's Resolutions, I need to publicly confess that one of my resolutions was to always send cards and letters in a timely fashion. I did (with the help of Angie) manage to send out the Valentines, but I've fallen off the Hallmark band wagon. Today is the birthday of three important people. Not one of them received a card from me.

Happy birthday, Scott! Petey is no ordinary man. One time while eating dinner with Petey and Angie at a restaurant at the Mall of America, we got our entire meal for free because we were the 50th (I think) table of the day and it was their 50th anniversary. STRANGE! But, these are the kinds of things that happen when you hang around with Scott.

Happy birthday, Loren (my step-father-in-law)! One of Loren's many talents (besides being the world's most dedicated outdoorsman) is to totally get any little kid in sight completely wound up. He does this thing called The Claw that all kids go crazy for. He is also, hands down, Memphis's favorite person.

Happy birthday, Laura! My one and only little sis. Brad is fully expecting a middle of the night tipsy phone call from you from the Joint.

Now. Really. How can I be expected to send the cards on time when there are three birthdays on the same day!?

6 comments:

justem said...

I have not sent out a card yet, I don't think. I am terrible! By the way...if I ate meat, those white balls would be my first choice. Hehe.

angieoh! said...

Well, you can't blame me. I even tried to help you out with reminders... I am all about your sucess baby! Tell Brad that I do not want his Supersized Balls when I come to visit this week. he he he.

Michelle W. said...

Happy birthday to all of them!!!

The food looks yummy!!!

Michelle

Laura said...

Thanks for the Birthday wish! I would like to ask why I was a the bottom and you only wrote like one sentence about me?! I thought I was your favorite!

momma sue said...

Wow....next time Brad's here he can have the honors! Talk to you soon.

Kat said...

very impressed with brad's supsized balls.............. omg, sorry-couldn't resist that one! what a funny name of a meal! but they look good, and way impressed that he did it himself!
happy birtday to everyone !