Monday, March 13, 2006

Coming to you. . .

. . . from the comfort of my couch with a whole lot of randomness.

That's right, folks! I've gone wireless! Hooray! Now I'll actually use the cute little laptop I bought in October ALL THE TIME.

I was a TOTAL slacker last week. I only went to the gym one time--to meet with my trainer. So, I went back tonight. I'm back on the fitness wagon. Nevermind that I'm going to eat a Fudgsicle soon. But, I spent my elliptical time reading a great book--the Bookseller of Kabul. It's an interesting read that follows an Afghani family through several decades.

Okay. I'll admit it. I was reading mostly because the elderly gentleman on the machine next to me didn't know how to point his remote and kept changing my channel rather than his own. I finally just turned it off and tried the book instead.

Although the fabulous LO I made on Saturday (I don't usually brag about myself, but this one was great!) helped a little, I've been feeling really drained lately. The whole must finish my project for my MSE and plan for school and just be all-around awesome is taking its toll. I've been really short with my kiddos; I'm actually starting to feel a little sorry for them for having to deal with my crabbiness every day. Besides being perpetually exhausted, I also think I'm starting to get sick. Ugh.

Here goes. . . a list of good things to make me feel better.

  1. I have lots of creative ideas right now, just not enough time to work on them. Watch for some cool stuff in the future.
  2. We bought a NEW stove yesterday. Black. Stainless. Flat top. Much cooler than anything else in our kitchen. Plus, it was on sale.
  3. Got my Jenni Bowlin kit today. I {heart} Jenni Bowlin. This is not a breech of my no-scrapping purchase plan, as it was the last thing I bought before going on the plan. I suffered from the disillusion that if I bought this kit I would scrap like Ali E.
  4. I found a new gallery at the House of Paper. It's a great place to shop, but you can also post and comment on pages.
  5. We had tacos for dinner tonight. And I got left-over tacos tomorrow for lunch.
  6. Bought the highly recommended Jack Johnson Curious George Soundtrack. It's nice to have some relaxing tunes for the commute.
  7. Oh. Did I mention? We went wireless!

TTFN. Hoping for a more energized day tomorrow.

5 comments:

angieoh! said...

Wow. YOu are super high tech now... you probably won't want to be friends with me. Congrats on the new kit. I am off to check out that new site

Kat said...

woo hoo for wireless and triple woo hoos for jack johnson!!!! i looooove him : )

justem said...

I pretty much agree completely w/Kat's post above me!! Wireless is the greatest! And...that new Curious George cd is great! I can listen to it and use it for school!!

Michelle W. said...

oh man. I want to see that layout. lol.

Michelle

momma sue said...

great! thia ia coming to you from Mil. we made it. I am sharing your blogging with Becca & Megan.